Khulo Municipality is the self-governing unit, located in the Autonomous Republic of Adjara. Khulo Municipality borders with Turkey on the south, Shuakhevi Municipality on the west, Ozurgeti Municipality on the north-west, Chokhatauri Municipality on the north and Adigeni Municipality on the east.
Khulo Municipality consists of 13 administrative-territorial units: 1 urban settlement - Khulo and 12 village unions - Agara, Dekanashvilebi, Vashlovani, Tkhilvani, Riketi, Satsikhuri, Skhalta, Pushrukauli, Ghorjim, Khikhadzir, Dioknisi, Satsikhuri.
- Population (total) - 33,430
- Population according to gender: female - 16,950; male - 15,871
- Population according to residence: urban - 1,125; rural - 31,695
- Population according to ethnicity: Georgian - 33,377; Abkhaz - 23; Armenian - 5; Ossetian - 4; Russian - 12; Azeri - 3; Greek - 2; Ukrainian - 2
- Size of the territory - 710 km2