Khelvachauri Municipality is the self-governing unit, located in the Autonomous Republic of Adjara. Khelvachauri Municipality borders with Kobuleti Municipality on the north, Keda Municipality on the east, Turkey on the South/South-East, Batumi on the west and Black Sea on the South-East.
Khelvachauri Municipality consists of 11 administrative-territorial units: 10 village unions - Makhinjauri, Ortabatumi, Akhalsheni, Peria, Sharabidzeebi, Tkhilnari, Charnali, Acharistskali, Machakhela, Kirnati. 1 separate village - Sarpi
- Population (total) - 90,843
- Population according to gender: female - 46,134; male: 44,724
- Population according to residence: urban - 9,528; rural - 81,330
- Population according to ethnicity: Georgian - 88,321; Russian - 1,029; Abkhaz - 645; Armenian - 355; Azeri - 151; Ukrainian - 103; Greek - 91; Ossetian - 19
- Size of the territory - 413 km2