Batumi is the self-governing city, located in the Autonomous Republic of Adjara. Batumi borders with Black Sea on the north and west and Khelvachauri Municipality on the south and east.
Batumi consists of 13 administrative-territorial units: areas - Dzveli Batumi, Rustaveli, Bagrationi, Aghmashenebeli, Javakhishvili, Tamari, Khimshiashvili, Boni-Gorodoki, Aeroporti, Kakhaberi, Batumi Samretsvelo, Gonio-Kvariati, Mtsvane Kontskhi.
- Population (total) - 121,806
- Population according to gender: female - 65,788; male - 56,419
- Population according to residence: urban - 121,806; rural - N/A
- Population according to ethnicity: Georgian - 104,313; Armenian - 7,517; Russian - 6,300; Abkhaz - 800; Ukrainian - 770; Greek - 587; Azeri - 301; Ossetian - 142; Yezidi - 69; Kist - 8
- Size of the territory - 17 km2