Poti is the self-governing city, located in the Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti region. Poti borders with Khobi Municipality on the north and east, Lanchkhuti Municipality on the south-east and east, Black Sea on the west.
Poti consists of 4 administrative-territorial units: areas - Maltakvi, Kundzuli, Central, Nabada.
- Population (total) - 47,149
- Population according to gender: female - 24,665; male - 22,534
- Population according to residence: urban - 47,199; rural - N/A
- Population according to ethnicity: Georgian - 44,414; Russian - 1,884; Ukrainian - 265; Armenian - 194; Ossetian - 62; Greek - 53; Azeri - 43; Abkhaz - 27; Yezidi - 2
- Size of the territory - 66 km2