Tsalenjikha Municipality is the self-governing unit, located in the Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti region. Tsalenjikha Municipality borders with Mestia Municipality on the north, Gali Municipality (which falls under the Occupied Territories) on the west, Zugdidi Municipality on the south-west, Chkhorotsku Municipality on the south-east and east.
Tsalenjikha Municipality consists of 13 administrative-territorial units: 2 towns - Jvari, Tsalenjikha; 10 village unions: Obuji, Nakipu, Mikava, Jgali, Sachino, Chkvaleri, Muzhava, Pakhulani, Lia, Medani, Chale and 1 separate village - Etseri.
- Population (total) - 40,133
- Population according to gender: female - 21,083; male - 18,862
- Population according to residence: urban - 13,721; rural - 26,224
- Population according to ethnicity: Georgian - 39,764; Russian - 224; Abkhaz - 42; Ukrainian - 42; Armenian - 26; Azeri - 7; Greek - 7; Ossetian - 5
- Size of the territory - 647 km2