Zugdidi Municipality is the self-governing unit, located in the Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti region. Zugdidi Municipality borders with Gali Municipality (which currently falls under the Occupied Territories) on the north-west, Black Sea on the south-west, Khobi Municipality on the south and south-east, Chkhorotsku Municipality on the east and Tsalenjikha Municipality on the north-east.
Zugdidi Municipality consists of 30 administrative-territorial units: 1 town - Zugdidi; 17 village unions - Akhalabastumani, Anaklia, Akhalkakhati, Darcheli, Didi Nedzi, Ergeta, Ingiri, Koki, Kortskheli, Narazeni, Odishi, Orulu,Oktomberi, Rukhi, Chkhoria, Tsaishi, Chakvinji, Jikhashkari, 9 separate villages -Ganmukhuri, Grigolishi, Kakhati, Orsantia, Urta, Kulishkari, Shamgona, Chitatskali, Chkhaduashi.
- Population (total) - 167,760
- Population according to gender: female - 88,855; male - 77,608
- Population according to residence: urban - 68,535; rural - 97,928
- Population according to ethnicity: Georgian - 166,039; Russian - 1,142; Abkhaz - 172; Ukrainian - 109; Armenian - 90; Azeri - 47; Ossetian - 44; Greek - 13.
- Size of the territory - 682 km2