Khobi Municipality is the self-governing unit, located in the Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti region. Khobi Municipality borders with Zugdidi Municipality on the north, Black Sea on the west, Poti on the south-west, Lanchkhuti Municipality on the south, Senaki Municipality on the east, Chkhorotsku Municipality on the north-east.
Khobi Municipality consists of 22 administrative-territorial units: 1 town - Khobi; 15 village unions - Akhali Khibula, Akhalsopeli, Bia, Pirveli Maisi, Guripuli, Zemo Kvaloni, Torsa-Dghvaba, Nojikhevi, Sajijao, Kariata, Shua Khorg, Kvemo Kvaloni, Chaladidi, Khamiskuri, Kheta and 6 separate villages - Patara Poti, Pirveli Khorga, Sagvichio, Kulevi, Shavghele, Dzveli Khibula.
- Population (total) - 41,240
- Population according to gender: female - 21,475; male - 19,587
- Population according to residence: urban - 5,571; rural - 35,491
- Population according to ethnicity: Georgian - 40,929; Russian - 216; Abkhaz - 29; Ukrainian - 21; Azeri - 16; Ossetian - 6; Armenian - 6; Greek - 1
- Size of the territory - 659 km2