Abasha Municipality is the self-governing unit, located in the Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti region.
Abasha Municipality consists of 16 administrative-territorial units: 1 town - Abasha, 13 village unions - Norio, Sujuni, Ketilari, Naesakovo, Marni, Zanati, Kolobani, Pirveli Maisi, Samikao, Gezati, Tkviri, Dzveli Abasha, Ontopo. And 2 separate villages - Sepieti, Tskeni.
- Population (total) - 28,707
- Population according to gender: female - 15,258; male - 13,294
- Population according to residence: urban - 6,449; rural - 22,103
- Population according to ethnicity: Georgian - 28,474; Russian - 124; Abkhaz - 32; Ukrainian - 15; Ossetian - 14; Armenian - 11; Azeri - 10
- Size of the territory - 323 km2