Kutaisi is the self-governing city, located in the region of Imereti.
Kutaisi consists of 12 administrative-territorial units: areas - Avtokarkhana, Sulkhan-Saba, Gamarjveba, Gumati, Kakhianouri, Mukhnari, Nikea, Kalak-Muzeumi, Sapichkhia, Ukimerioni, Vakisubani, Dzelkviani.
According to July 1, 2011 constitutional amendments, the parliament has moved from Tbilisi to Kutaisi after the 2012 parliamentary elections.
- Population (total) - 185,965
- Population according to gender: female - 97,823; male - 82,999
- Population according to residence: urban - 185,965; rural - N/A
- Population according to ethnicity: Georgian - 181,465; Russian - 2,223; Armenian - 613; Ukrainian - 293; Ossetian - 245; Azeri - 132; Greek - 127; Abkhaz - 92; Yezidi - 52
- Size of the territory - 68 km2