Samtredia Municipality is the self-governing unit, located in the region of Imereti.
Samtredia Municipality consists of 15 administrative-territorial units: 1 town - Samtredia; 1 urban settlement - Kulashi; 9 village unions -Gamochinebuli, Gomi, Etseri, Melauri, Nabakevi, Opeti, Sajavakho, Tolebi, Ghaniri and 5 separate villages - Ianeti, Gormaghali, Kulashi, Bashi and Didi Jikhaishi.
- Population (total) - 60,456
- Population according to gender: female - 32,339; male - 28,090
- Population according to residence: urban - 31,746; rural - 28,683
- Population according to ethnicity: Georgian - 58,883; Russian - 635; Armenian - 615; Ukrainian - 80; Ossetian - 39; Abkhaz - 33; Azeri - 24; Greek - 22
- Size of the territory - 364 km2