Sachkhere Municipality is the self-governing unit, located in the region of Imereti. Sachkhere Municipality borders with Oni Municipality on the north, Ambrolauri Municipality on the north-west, Chiatura Municipality on the west, Kharagauli Municipality on the south-west, Khashuri Municipality on the south-east, Kareli Municipality on the east and Java Municipality on the north-east (Kareli municipality - partially, and Java municipality entirely fall under the Occupied Territories
Sachkhere Municipality consists of 13 administrative-territorial units: 1 town - Sachkhere; 11 village unions - Argveti, Gorisi, Korbouli, Merjevi, Sairkhe, Sareki, Chikhi, Tskhomareti, Chala, Chalovani, Jalaurta and 1 separate village - Koreti.
- Population (total) - 46,846
- Population according to gender: female - 23,462; male - 22,799
- Population according to residence: urban - 6,665; rural - 39,596
- Population according to ethnicity: Georgian - 46,591; Ossetian - 117; Russian - 84; Armenian - 20; Abkhaz - 11; Ukrainian - 8; Greek - 5; Yezidi - 1
- Size of the territory - 973 km2