Municipality is the self-governing unit, located in the Samtskhe-Javakheti region. Municipality borders with Chokhatauri Municipality, Vani Municipality and Bagdati Municipality on the north, Khulo Municipality on the west, Turkey on the south and Akhaltsikhe Municipality on the east.
Adigeni Municipality consists of 17 administrative-territorial units: 2 urban settlements - Adigeni and Abastumani and 15 village unions -Arali, Benera, Bolajuri, Gorguli, Varkhani, Zanavi, Lelovani, Mlashe, Mokhe, Ude, Pkhero, Chorchani, Chechla.
- Population (total) - 20,752
- Population according to gender: female - 10,936; male - 10,235
- Population according to residence: urban - 2,544; rural - 18,627
- Population according to ethnicity: Georgian - 19,860; Armenian - 698; Russian - 101; Ossetian - 28; Ukrainian - 20; Azeri - 17; Abkhaz - 13; Greek - 7
- Size of the territory - 800 km2