Kaspi Municipality is the self-governing unit, located in the Shida Kartli region. Kaspi Municipality borders with Akhalgori Municipality (which falls under the Occupied Territories) on the north, Gori Municipality on the west, Tsalka Municipality and Tetritskaro Municipality on the south, Mtskheta Municipality on the east and Dusheti Municipality on the north-east.
Kaspi Municipality consists of 17 administrative-territorial units: 1 town - Kaspi and 16 village unions - Aghaiani; Akhalkalaki, Akhaltsikhe, Gomi, Doesi, Zemo Khandaki, Teliani, Kavtiskhevi, Kodistskaro, Lamiskana, Metekhi, Okami, Samtavisi, Kvemo Chala, Tsinarekhi. 1 separate village - Khovle.
- Population (total) - 52,217
- Population according to gender: female - 27,385; male - 25,058
- Population according to residence: urban - 15,324; rural - 37,119
- Population according to ethnicity: Georgian - 44,162; Azeri - 3,962; Ossetian - 3,479; Russian - 271; Armenian - 254; Ukrainian - 35; Greek - 27; Abkhaz - 13
- Size of the territory - 803 km2