Mtskheta Municipality is the self-governing unit, located in the Mtskheta-Mtianeti region.
Mtskheta Municipality consists of 24 administrative-territorial units: 1 town - Mtskheta and 16 village unions - Tsilkani, Aghdgomliantkari, Zakaro, Galavani, Bitsmendi, Navdaraantkari, Mskhaldidi, Lisi, Dzegvi, Nichbisi, Mukhrani, Saguramo, Natakhtari, Chardakhi, Ksovrisi, Tskhvarichamia. 7 separate villages - Ksani, Vaziani, Misakcieli, Dzalisi, Tsikhisdziri, Tserovani, Kanda.
- Population (total) - 64,829
- Population according to gender: female - 34,020; male - 31,228
- Population according to residence: urban - 13,178; rural - 52,070
- Population according to ethnicity: Georgian - 58,808; Azeri - 2,236; Ossetian - 1,464; Russian - 583; Armenian - 427; Greek - 129; Ukrainian - 113; Yezidi - 94; Abkhaz - 20; Kist - 1
- Size of the territory - 805 km2