Dmanisi Municipality is the self-governing unit, located in the Kvemo Kartli region. Dmanisi Municipality borders with Armenia on the south, Ninotsminda Municipality on the west, Tsalka Municipality on the north, Tetritskaro Municipality on the north-east and Bolnisi Municipality on the east.
Dmanisi Municipality consists of 16 administrative-territorial units: 1 town - Dmanisi; 14 village unions - Amamlo, Gantiadi, Gomareti, Guguti, Didi Dmanisi, Dmanisi, Kamarlo, Kirovisi, Mashavera, Sarkineti, Sakire, Karabulakhi, Kizilqilisa, Ipnari, Orozmani. 1 separate village - Irganchai.
- Population (total) - 28,034
- Population according to gender: female - 14,402; male - 13,660
- Population according to residence: urban - 3,441; rural - 24,621
- Population according to ethnicity: Azeri - 18,716; Georgian - 8,759; Greek - 218; Russian - 156; Armenian - 147; Ossetian - 12; Abkhaz - 9; Ukrainian - 7
- Size of the territory - 1199 km2