Bolnisi Municipality is the self-governing unit, located in the Kvemo Kartli region. Bolnisi Municipality borders with Armenia on the south, Dmanisi Municipality on the west, Tetritskaro Municipality on the north and Marneuli Municipality on the east.
Bolnisi Municipality consists of 5 administrative-territorial units: 1 town - Bolnisi; 2 urban settlements - Tamarisi and Kazreti; 9 village unions - Akaurta, Bolnisi, Darbazi, Mamkhuti, Nakhidisuri, Ratevani, Talaveri, Kveshi, Rachisubani and 3 separate villages - Disveli, Tandzia, Kvemo Bolnisi.
- Population (total) - 74,301
- Population according to gender: female - 37,897; male - 36,346
- Population according to residence: urban - 17,654; rural - 56,589
- Population according to ethnicity: Azeri - 49,026; Georgian - 19,926; Armenian - 4,316; Greek - 438; Russian - 414; Ossetian - 80; Abkhaz - 35; Ukrainian - 14
- Size of the territory - 804 km2