Marneuli Municipality is the self-governing unit, located in the Kvemo Kartli region. Marneuli Municipality borders with Azerbaijan on the south-east, Armenia on the south, Bolnisi Municipality on the west, Tetritskaro Municipality on the north-west, Gardabani Municipality on the north and east and Rustavi on the north-east.
Marneuli Municipality consists of 18 administrative-territorial units: 1 town - Marneuli; 1 urban settlement - Shaumiani; 15 village unions - Algeti, Akhkerpi, Damia-Giaurarkhi, Tamarisi, Kasumlo, Tseretlis, Opretis, Sadakhlo, Kapanakhchi, Kurtlari, Kachaghani, Kulari, Shulaveri, Tserakvi, Khojorni and 1 separate village - Kizilajlo.
- Population (total) - 118,221
- Population according to gender: female - 59,950; male - 57,710
- Population according to residence: urban - 23,643; rural - 94,017
- Population according to ethnicity: Azeri - 98,245; Georgian - 9,503; Armenian - 9,329; Russian - 523; Greek - 396; Ossetian - 47; Abkhaz - 29; Ukrainian - 29; Yezidi - 6; Kist - 1
- Size of the territory - 935 km2