Telavi Municipality is the self-governing unit, located in the Kakheti region. Telavi Municipality borders with Republic of Dagestan (Russian Federation) on the south-east, Akhmeta Municipality on the north and west, Sagarejo Municipality and Gurjaani Municipality on the south and Kvareli Municipality on the east.
Telavi Municipality consists of 22 administrative-territorial units: 1 town - Telavi, 2 village unions: Saniore, Pshaveli. And 19 separate villages: Tetrtsklebi, Napareuli, Ikalto, Ruispiri, Gulgula, Kurdgelauri, Shalauri, Kisiskhevi, Kondoli, Kvemo Khodasheni, Akura, Vardisubani, Karajala, Tsinandali, Busheti, Vanta, Nasamkhrali, Lapankuri.
- Population (total) - 70,589
- Population according to gender: female - 37,192; male - 33,062
- Population according to residence: urban - 21,919; rural - 48,335
- Population according to ethnicity: Georgian - 60,370; Azeri - 8,373; Armenian - 460; Ossetian - 412; Russian - 381; Yezidi - 357; Ukrainian - 63; Kist - 58; Abkhaz - 38; Greek - 20
- Size of the territory - 1,095 km2