Kvareli Municipality is the self-governing unit, located in the Kakheti region. Kvareli Municipality borders with the Republic of Dagestan (Russian Federation) on the north-east, Telavi Municipality on the north-west and west, Gurjaani Municipality on the south-west and Lagodekhi Municipality on the south-east.
Kvareli Municipality consists of 12 administrative-territorial units: 1 town - Kvareli; 5 village unions - Sabue, Akhalsopeli, Gremi, Chikaani, Kuchatani and 5 separate villages - Mtsisdziri, Balghojiani, Gavazi, Shilda, Eniseli.
- Population (total) - 37,658
- Population according to gender: female - 19,898; male - 18,116
- Population according to residence: urban - 9,230; rural - 28,784
- Population according to ethnicity: Georgian - 34,296; Ossetian - 762; Armenian - 248; Russian - 158; Greek - 31; Abkhaz - 25; Azeri - 17; Ukrainian - 12; Yezidi - 7; Kist - 1
- Size of the territory - 1,000 km2