Sagarejo Municipality is the self-governing unit, located in the Kakheti region. Sagarejo Municipality borders with Telavi Municipality, Akhmeta Municipaliti and Tianeti Municipality on the north, Mtskheta Municipality on the north-west, Gardabani Municipality on the west, Azerbaijan on the south, Signagi Municipality and Gurjaani Municipality on the east.
Sagarejo Municipality consists of 21 administrative-territorial units: 1 town - Sagarejo. 13 village unions: Gombori, Ujarma, Kochbaani, Ninotsminda, Giorgitsminda, Manavi, Chailuri, Kakabeti, Kandaura, Iormughanlo, Duzagrama, Lambalo, Tulari. 7 separate villages - Khashmi, Patardzeuli, Tokhliauri, Krasnagorka, Bogdanovka, Shibliani, Udabno.
- Population (total) - 59,212
- Population according to gender: female - 30,147; male - 29,281
- Population according to residence: urban - 12,658; rural - 46,770
- Population according to ethnicity: Georgian - 39,409; Azeri - 18,907; Russian - 377; Armenian - 231; Ossetian - 125; Yezidi - 33; Greek - 27; Abkhaz - 21; Ukrainian - 21; Kist - 4
- Size of the territory - 1,491 km2